With over 30 years of extensive litigation experience, Bill Madden is one of Australia’s most qualified medical negligence lawyers.
Highly regarded by his peers, Bill’s areas of speciality include claims for birth trauma including cerebral palsy, stroke, brain injury and haemorrhage, delayed cancer diagnosis and wrongful birth.
Bill regularly comments on medical health and law issues on his blog, which can be viewed here.
“Helping people navigate through the legal system and achieve the compensation they deserve is the most meaningful part of my work”.
Key Professional Achievements
- Bill holds a Bachelor of Law (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from Macquarie University.
- He was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 1981 and became a NSW Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law in 1993.
- Bill is a fellow of the Australian Academy of Law.
- Bill is a Public Notary and fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries.
- He is the co-author of three books: The National Disability Scheme Handbook, Australian Medical Liability 2nd Edition and Health Care & the Law 6th edition.
- Bill is an editorial board member for Australian Civil Liability and Australian Health Law Bulletin, Lexis Nexis Butterworths. He is also a member of the international editorial board of the QUT Law Review.