Dane is a senior member of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers’ Newcastle team.
Dane practices in our Compensation Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team and has gained wide ranging experience in compensation matters. He is a strong supporter of the Union movement and has a keen interest in politics and current affairs.
Dane has extensive expertise in workplace compensation issues and conducts complex and significant workplace injury claims. Dane is passionate about assisting injured workers and assisting them navigate the NSW workers compensation scheme.
He also assists client’s with claims related to motor vehicle accident injuries, public liability claims and total and permanent disablement claims and assists emergency services workers who have suffered workplace injuries.
Whilst based in the Newcastle and Tuggerah office’s, Dane regularly travels to regional areas including Tweeds Heads, Ballina, Casino, Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie and Taree for the purposes of assisting clients.
He provides a compassionate and caring approach in assisting his clients and provides prompt and clear advice with respect to their potential entitlements.
“In advising my clients I seek to bring a compassionate and caring approach in what is, for many of my clients, a difficult period of their lives.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Dane is a Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO) Approved Lawyer and has been since WIRO was introduced in 2012.
- Dane completed a Bachelor of Science from the University of Newcastle, majoring in Biology in 2007.
- He was awarded a Bachelor of Law and Diploma of Legal Practice at the University of Newcastle in 2010.
- Dane was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2011.
- He was made an Associate of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in June 2018.
- He was made a Senior Associate of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in July 2020.