Deanne Methven is an expert in property, working at senior levels in various roles in the industry for over 20 years. Deanne specialises in leasing transactions, due diligence, the acquisition and disposal of retail property, agency and property management agreements, commercial agreements, relocation of tenants, operational property management advice, procurement documents and disputes, acting for both landlords and tenants.
Deanne has worked on retail and commercial properties in New South Wales, Victoria, ACT, Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. She has a depth of experience in drafting and interpreting leases, dispute resolution advice and conducting mediations. Deanne was in‑house counsel for The GPT Group for over six years before joining Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in September 2012.
Holding a Real Estate Licence, Deanne’s qualifications and exposure to the property industry enable her to bring a commercial and practical approach to the interpretation and application of the law.
Her major projects include:
- In NSW, Barangaroo, the MLC Centre, Australia Square, Rouse Hill Town Centre, Charlestown Square Shopping Centre, Wollongong Central Shopping Centre, Penrith Plaza, Macarthur Square Shopping Centre, Erina Fair Shopping Centre, Mid City Centre;
- In Queensland, 1 Eagle Street Brisbane;
- In the ACT, Woden Plaza;
- In Victoria, Highpoint Shopping Centre, Melbourne Central, Dandenong Plaza;
- In the Northern Territory, Casuarina Square Shopping Centre.
“I love architecture, historic buildings and all property development and renovation. This enthusiasm and commitment underpins my work at Carroll & O’Dea.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Deanne completed her Diploma in Law (LPAB) in 2005 and was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2006.
- Deanne held a Real Estate Licence under the Property Stock and Business Agents Act from 1996 to 2016.