Jade is a commercial and dispute resolution lawyer based in Sydney.
She advises in various litigious and non-litigious matters involving individuals, unions, and corporate clients.
Jade regularly acts in a broad range of commercial and equity matters in both Federal and State courts including contract claims, franchise disputes, tort claims, competition and consumer law matters, and general commercial disputes. She also has familiarity with defamation and employment law matters.
In addition to her commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience, Jade’s year as a tipstaff to the Honourable Justice Slattery in the Supreme Court of New South Wales provided her with invaluable exposure to court practice and procedure, advocacy and judicial reasoning.
Her experience as a commercial litigation lawyer for two years and as a paralegal for a further four years in a Sydney CBD commercial law firm ensures she adopts a diligent, practical and strategic approach to dispute resolution.
“I’m proud to be part of such an excellent firm. Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is full of talented people who share my passion for tackling complex problems, and strong legal advocacy. Our team combines technical skills, expert legal knowledge and initiative to achieve innovative solutions for our clients.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Before joining Carroll & O’Dea, Jade worked as a commercial lawyer in a multinational law firm based in Australia. She was admitted as a lawyer in New South Wales in 2015.
- In 2017 Jade worked as tipstaff to the Honourable Justice Slattery in the Equity Division of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- She holds a combined Bachelor of Arts in Communications (Journalism) and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Technology, Sydney and is currently completing a Master of Laws (with a focus on commercial law) at the University of Sydney.
- Jade sits on the Costs Committee of the Law Society of New South Wales, and is an Executive Councillor of New South Wales Young Lawyers.
- Jade joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in January 2018.