Throughout her studies, Lillian explored her passion for Indigenous law and sociology, which encouraged her to pursue a career in the legal profession.
Since joining Carroll & O’Dea, Lillian has gained experience advocating for survivors of historical sexual abuse, in matters against the State of New South Wales, and various institutions, arising from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
She also has experience in workers compensation, public liability and motor vehicle claims.
“I am very passionate about achieving justice for my clients, and believe that empathy, and an appreciation for their experience goes a long way.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Commenced at Carroll & O’Dea in June 2016 in Maithri Panagoda’s team;
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in September 2018;
- Graduated from University of Notre Dame Australia with Bachelor of Law/ Bachelor of Arts (Sociology) in 2017;
- Member of the Mentoring Program at the University of Notre Dame Australia;
- Recipient of the Carroll & O’Dea Prize for Indigenous Law 2017;
- Recipient of the Green Building Council of Australia prize for Environmental Law 2017;
- Member of the NSW Young Lawyers Association.