Maddison represents both plaintiff and defendant clients across a range of personal injury matters including medical negligence and public liability claims at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers.
Since joining the firm in 2019, Maddison has worked on public liability claims and complex medical negligence claims involving obstetrics, gynaecology, neurology, paediatrics, general surgery, radiology, urology, cancer and plastic surgery. Maddison has also represented clients with boundary violation claims where clients have suffered injury as a result an inappropriate sexual relationship.
Maddison has a health care background as a registered nurse in operating theatres. Her medical experience affords her the knowledge required to understand the technical aspects of claims as well as the compassion required to meet the emotional needs of clients.
Maddison’s academic interests have focused on the topic of medical/health law. During her time at university, she completed her honours thesis on the topic of informed consent. Maddison has authored articles for the Australian Health Law Bulletin relating to contemporary medical law issues and case law.
“My aim is to have a positive impact on society. Personal injury law allows me to achieve this goal. Both my medical and legal background enable me to solve client problems in a meaningful and empathetic way.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in June 2019 as a Law Clerk.
- Maddison was previously a Registered Nurse.
- Admitted as a Solicitor on 4 June 2021.
- Awarded a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the University of Notre Dame in March 2021.
- Received six letters of commendation for academic achievement from the Board of Examiners at the University of Notre Dame and Professor Michael Quinlan, Dean of the School of Law.
- Maddison is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales.
- Maddison is a member of the Medico-Legal Society of New South Wales.