Oksana brings her broad knowledge and skills to the personal injury team at Carroll and O’Dea Lawyers. She has experience in multiple areas of law including motor vehicle accidents, workers compensation, public liability, family provision actions and medical negligence.
“When legal issues arise, clients are often confused by the unfamiliar, daunting and foreign world they are thrown into. It is my responsibility to make that world accessible and understandable whilst resolving disputes in everyone’s best interests.”
Her intellect, thirst for knowledge and flare for working with others – including clients, colleagues, counsel and the Courts – makes her an advocate well placed within a firm with a reputation for outstanding legal service.
Key Professional Achievements
- Oksana was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2016 and of the High Court of Australia in 2017.
- She received her Bachelor of Laws from the University of Technology, Sydney with Second Class Honours. She majored in Public International Law writing her honours thesis on Russia’s illegal annexation of Crimea focusing on the laws of war.
- Prior to joining Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in early 2016, she worked as a law clerk in an inner-west law firm practicing in conveyancing, leasing and wills and estates.
- She previously studied at the University of Westminster in London where she found a passion for human rights law leading to an internship at the Australian Human Rights Commission in 2014 and work experience in an international human rights law firm in Beijing in 2015.
- She is currently studying French, assisting pro bono clients through the MOSAIC program and is an active member of various NSW Young Lawyers Committees, the Women Lawyers Association of NSW, the International Law Association and the International Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.