As partner in the Compensation Law Team at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers, Robert has a significant interest in medico-legal law. Based in the Firm’s highly successful Western Sydney headquarters in Parramatta and Campbelltown, Robert has worked on a large number of the most complex and difficult negligence cases in NSW.
His degree in Applied Science in Nuclear Medicine, positions him well to conduct complex medical law litigation for plaintiffs, ensuring the legal and medical complexities are fully explained and understood by the client. The case, Wilson v SRA, in which the client suffered a serious psychological injury working for the State Rail Authority is a highlight of his career and a landmark case, in which a full bench of the NSW Court of Appeal overturned a previous decision of that same Court.
Robert is a member of the Law Advisory Board for Notre Dame.
Robert knows well that clients need a solution as soon as possible, enabling them to get on with their lives. His expertise, experience and client-focused approach mean he achieves the best outcome in the most cost-effective and timely way.
“When clients are seeking redress in the courts for medical matters, they want to know the full story. What’s gone wrong is both a medical and legal issue. That’s when my science degree is p
Key Professional Achievements
- Robert completed his studies in Applied Science in 1997 and Law in 2000.
- He was admitted to the profession of law 2001.
- He joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2002, was made an Associate in 2008 and became a Partner of the firm in 2010.
- Listed in the Doyle’s Guide to the Australian legal Profession as a leading Plaintiff Medical Negligence Lawyer.
- He is listed in the 2020 Doyle’s Guide as a ‘Recommended’ practitioner in the area of Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers (Plaintiff) NSW.