Sam Akon works in the compensation team at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers and also has experience in commercial litigation.
Sam conducts workers compensation, common law negligence, public liability, medical negligence, criminal, and wills and estates. This includes working for members of the Police Association of NSW in a broad range of litigious and non-litigious areas of the law.
He appears in the Federal Courts, Supreme Court, District Court and Local Court and is available to appear as agent upon inquiries.
Sam has had the benefit of being involved in working on reported cases including Wendy Walsh v State of New South Wales  NSWSC 1480 and Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers v Angelo Karam  NSWWCC 3.
Sam strives to provide clients with the best result through persistence and a positive attitude.
“I studied law to provide a voice to people in need and this encourages me to ensure they are in a better position when they leave Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers.”
Sam Akon has excellent interpersonal skills and is originally from Forbes, New South Wales.
Key Professional Achievements
- Graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in history and anthropology) in 2013.
- Sam joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in February 2017.
- Graduated from the University of Technology with a Juris Doctor in 2017.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW in 2018.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia in 2019.
- Member of the NSW Young Lawyers Association.