- Friendly, energetic & collaborative team culture!
- Variety of staff benefits offered including flexible work arrangements & Health/Wellness program
- Immediate start – ongoing training, mentoring and support offered
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We value and strive for diversity in our practice and actively provide our staff with encouragement, opportunities and the resources they require to continuously challenge and improve their skills, and ultimately work towards achieving their career objectives.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a proactive and personable Junior Legal Assistant to join our team, based in our Sydney CBD office. Working alongside a Paralegal and supporting a Partner, this full-time role will involve a variety of defendant legal administrative work, but more specifically focus on institutional & historical abuse matters.
This role is suited to candidates who enjoy the challenge of a high-volume workload and busy work environment, and are looking to establish their career within a strong, reputable Firm.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who are keen to learn on the job but most of all, have the ability to handle and address sensitive material given the nature of these matters.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing secretarial and administrative assistance: producing standard correspondence, photocopying, data entry, filing and collating
- Frequent client liaison and communication with external parties;
- Extensive diary and calendar management
- Organising meetings and travel arrangements
- Assisting with preparation of correspondence and court documents
- File and document management; assist with opening and closing files
- General legal administrative support for the wider team as required
Successful candidates will have:
- 1-2 years’ experience within Personal Injury Law and/or abuse matters (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of Personal Injury matters and procedures (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task with accuracy during busy times
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 and Outlook skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to undertake tasks with a demonstrated high attention to detail
We are ideally looking for well-presented candidates who are passionate about providing high-quality client service and have a genuinely proactive attitude. In this role you will enjoy and benefit from a highly collaborative and friendly workplace culture, with a genuine work-life balance.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Advisor at email@example.com