- Friendly, collaborative & supportive team culture!
- Variety of staff benefits offered including new L&D program & flexible work arrangements
- Newly created role – establish your career within a reputable Firm
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We actively provide our staff with encouragement, opportunities and the resources they require to continuously challenge and improve their skills, and ultimately work towards achieving their career objectives.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and proactive Junior Legal Assistant to join our Personal Injury team, based in our Parramatta office. Working alongside a dynamic team, this full-time role will involve a variety of legal and administrative work, across matters relating to worker’s compensation, work injury damages (WID), motor vehicle accidents (MVA) and public liability to name a few.
This role is suited to candidates who enjoy the challenge of a busy work environment and are looking to kick-start their career within a strong and reputable Firm.
- Providing a high level of secretarial and administrative assistance: producing standard correspondence, photocopying, data entry, filing and collating
- Direct liaison with clients
- Extensive diary and calendar management
- Organising meetings and travel arrangements
- Assisting with preparation of high-volume correspondence and court documents
- File and document management; assistance with opening and closing files
- General legal administrative support for the team as required
Successful candidates will have:
- Certificate/s in Business or Legal Administration (preferred)
- A minimum of six (6) months’ experience within the Legal/Professional Services Industry (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of personal injury matters and procedures (preferred)
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task with accuracy during busy times
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 and Outlook skills
- Confidence to liaise with clients and professionals at all levels
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to undertake tasks with a demonstrated high attention to detail
We are ideally looking for well-presented candidates who are passionate about providing high-quality client service and have a genuinely proactive attitude. In this role you will enjoy and benefit from a highly collaborative and friendly workplace culture.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.