- Newcastle location
- Friendly team culture
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior receptionist/administrative assistant to join our support team based in our Newcastle office. This role will be varied and have you interacting with a variety of people on a daily basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reception duties – handling all incoming phone calls and directing callers to appropriate staff
- Meet and greet clients, external providers and members of the public
- Arranging couriers as required
- General administrative support to the Newcastle team including mail distribution, production of standard correspondence, photocopying, data entry, filing and collating
- Assistance with opening and closing of files
- Providing assistance with the set-up of meeting rooms
- General administrative assistance where required
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- A demonstrated high attention to detail
- Sound keyboard and data entry skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
We are looking for a well presented self-starter who is passionate about client service and ideally has previous reception and administration experience. If you want to be a part of our supportive team culture and are client focused, do not miss this opportunity.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role, please email your resume together with a cover letter to Barbara Townsden at firstname.lastname@example.org.