- Small dynamic team
- Great exposure to the legal industry
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an undergraduate law student (2nd or 3rd year) to join our highly regarded personal injury team based in our Parramatta office. Supporting the wider team, this casual role will involve a variety of administrative and legal work and is suited to candidates who enjoy the challenge of a busy work environment..
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients
- Preparation of correspondence, court documents, statements and subpoenas
- Attending court and settlements
- Legal research and court filing as required
- File and document management
- Proactively manage solicitor and client requests/inquires where possible
- Providing a high level of support to the professional staff in relation to carriage of their matters.
Successful candidates will have:
- Completed their second or third year of study relating to their Undergraduate University degree
- Interest and/or previous experience in Personal Injury Law
- Excellent typing skills combined with a high attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Word and Outlook skills
We are looking for candidates with a keen interest in personal injury law, as well as the initiative and self-motivation to be able to learn ‘on the job’. You will be a highly organised, well presented self-starter with a proactive attitude.
This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a law firm, develop your legal skills and apply what you have studied.
You must be able to work a minimum of three days per week.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role, please email your CV together with a cover letter and academic transcripts to Stephanie Almeida at email@example.com