- Friendly, energetic and supportive team culture!
- Great start for a career in the Legal industry
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations, and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We value and strive for diversity in our practice and actively provide our staff with encouragement, opportunities, and the resources they require to continuously challenge and ultimately advance their skills and career objectives.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an undergraduate law student (first or second year) to join our dynamic personal injury team based in our Wollongong office. Supporting the team, this casual role will involve a variety of legal functions and administrative tasks and is suited to candidates who enjoy the challenge of a busy work environment.
- Liaising with clients
- Preparation of correspondence, court documents, statements and subpoenas
- Attending court and settlements
- Legal research and court filing as required
- Extensive file and document management
- Proactively manage solicitor and client requests/inquires where possible
- Providing a high level of support to professional staff within the team in relation to carriage of their matters.
Successful candidates will have:
- Completed their first or second year of study relating to their Undergraduate University Law degree (essential)
- Interest and/or previous experience in Personal Injury Law (preferred)
- Excellent typing skills combined with a high attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A confident and professional phone manner
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook skills
We are looking for candidates with a keen interest in personal injury law, as well as the initiative and self-motivation to be able to learn ‘on the job’. You will be a highly organised and well-presented with a proactive attitude.
If you want to be a part of our energetic team culture and are client-focused, do not miss this chance!
This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a law firm, develop your legal skills and apply what you have studied.
You must be able to work a minimum of three days per week.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter and academic transcript to Stephanie Almeida, HR Coordinator at email@example.com