- Exciting opportunity in a reputable law firm
- Great exposure to the legal industry
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
An opportunity has arisen for an undergraduate law student (2nd or 3rd year) to join our highly regarded personal injury team in our Parramatta and Sydney offices. You will provide assistance to the team with a variety of administrative and legal work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Attending court and settlements
- Legal research and filing work.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent typing skills combined with a high attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Sound MS Word and Outlook skills
We are looking for someone who has the initiative and self-motivation to be able to learn ‘on the job’. You will be someone who is passionate about the law and has a real desire to learn and undertake research where necessary.
This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a law firm, develop your legal skills and apply what you have studied.
You must be able to work a minimum of three days per week from 8.45 am – 5.00 pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you! To apply for this role, please email your resume together with a cover letter and recent transcripts to Stephanie Almeida at email@example.com