- Outstanding opportunity in mid-tier law firm
- Parramatta location (close to public transport)
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We are seeking a highly capable, confident and motivated lawyer with three to five years’ post admission experience, to join our highly regarded personal injury team based in our Parramatta office. Ideally we are looking for candidates who are able to exercise autonomy and initiative and be accustomed to conducting a high volume of plaintiff personal injury files, including workers compensation, work injury damages, medical negligence, motor vehicle and public liability claims.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Managing high volume files
- Attending court and settlements
- Legal research
Successful candidates will have:
- A current NSW Practising Certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years’ PAE in Personal Injury Law
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship and business development skills
- A high attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple tasks and manage competing deadlines
We are ideally looking for candidates who are proactive and passionate about providing high-quality client service, and who have a real desire to learn.
We have a friendly and supportive work environment, collaborative culture and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role, please send your CV together with a cover letter and your academic transcript to Stephanie Almeida, HR Coordinator at email@example.com