- Variety of staff benefits including flexible work arrangements &
- Friendly, energetic and supportive team culture!
- Immediate start – newly created role with ongoing mentoring and training
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We value and strive for diversity in our practice and actively provide our staff with opportunities, responsibilities and thought leadership, giving them the resources and experiences they need to continuously improve and advance in their careers.
We are currently seeking an experienced and proactive lawyer with up to three (3) years’ PAE to join our dynamic Personal Injury team, based in our Sydney CBD office. This full-time role will have you working closely with a Partner in a diverse practice.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about specialising in personal injury, and proficient in conducting a high volume of personal injury files within areas relating to CTP Insurance, motor vehicle accidents (MVA), medical negligence, workers compensation and public liability. In this role, you will enjoy extensive client exposure, whilst establishing your career within a strong and reputable Firm.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct liaison with clients & providing accurate and timely advice;
- Preparing Court documents and general correspondence;
- Managing high volume files and managing matters with minimal supervision
- Attending Court, dispute resolution and settlements
- Extensive legal research
- Mentoring opportunities for junior legal staff/law clerks
Successful candidates will have:
- A valid NSW Practising Certificate (essential)
- A minimum of two (2) years’ PAE in Personal Injury/Compensation Law (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of complex Personal Injury Law matters and procedures (essential)
- The ability to maintain client confidentiality and handle amtters with sensitivity
- Strong negotiation, mediation & advocacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong client relationship and business development skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
In this role, you will benefit from a vibrant, highly collaborative and social workplace culture, coupled with flexible work arrangements and a genuine work-life balance.
At Carroll & O’Dea we take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org