- Rewarding full-time role with a genuine work life balance
- Outstanding opportunity in mid-tier Sydney CBD firm
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We value and strive for diversity in our practice and actively provide our staff with opportunities, responsibilities and thought leadership, giving them the resources and experiences they need to continuously improve and advance in their careers.
We are seeking a highly capable, confident and motivated lawyer with three to five years’ post admission experience to join our highly regarded personal injury team based in our CBD office. The practice will not only undertake plaintiff matters, but also some defendant insurance work over a number of jurisdictions. Ideally we are looking for candidates who are able to exercise autonomy and initiative and be accustomed to conducting a high volume of personal injury files, including workers compensation, work injury damages, motor vehicle, public liability and Comcare claims.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Managing high volume files
- Attending court and settlements
- Legal research
Successful candidates will have:
- A current NSW Practising Certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years’ PAE in Personal Injury/Compensation Law
- Ability to use core platforms and technology as part of a modern legal practice
- An eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong client relationship and business development skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
This dynamic role will keep you busy and you will enjoy being one step ahead. We have a great reputation, a friendly and supportive work environment and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
To apply for this role, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Amy Pearman, HR Coordinator at email@example.com