- Variety of Staff benefits offered including new Health / Wellbeing program & flexible work arrangements
- Friendly, energetic and collaborative team culture!
- Immediate start – newly created role with ongoing mentoring and training
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Wollongong, Newcastle & Melbourne. We offer specialist legal services in family, property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We actively provide our staff with encouragement, opportunities and the resources they require to continuously challenge and improve their skills, and ultimately work towards achieving their career objectives.
We are seeking a proactive Lawyer with two (2) years’ post admission experience (PAE) to join our dynamic Personal Injury law team, based in our Parramatta office. Working closely with an energetic and cohesive team, this full-time role will have you working on a variety of matters relating to workers compensation, work injury damages (WID), litigation, dispute resolution, motor vehicle accidents (MVA) and public liability to name a few.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about personal injury law, are able to exercise autonomy and initiative, and who are wanting to establish, and further their career within a strong reputable Firm.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct liaison with clients and providing accurate and timely advice
- Preparing Court documents/orders and general correspondence
- Managing high volume files and matters with occasional supervision
- Attending court, dispute resolution and settlements
- Legal research
Successful candidates will have:
- A valid NSW Practising Certificate
- A minimum of two (2) years’ PAE in personal injury Law (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of complex personal injury matters and procedures (essential)
- The ability to maintain client confidentiality and handle matters with sensitivity
- Strong negotiation, mediation and advocacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship and business development skills
- The demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
In this role, you will enjoy extensive client exposure, and benefit from a vibrant, highly collaborative and friendly workplace culture, coupled with flexible work arrangements and a genuine work-life balance.
We have a great reputation, a friendly and supportive work environment and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our Firm values and culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.