- Sydney CBD office – close to public transport
- Friendly, energetic and supportive team culture
- Supporting a senior partner
Carroll & O’Dea is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong, Newcastle and Melbourne. We offer specialist legal services in litigation and dispute resolution, commercial, property, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, Not-for-Profit, SMEs and personal clients.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced Legal Assistant to join our Commercial and Property Law team based in our Sydney CBD office. Supporting a senior partner, this full-time role is suited to high-achieving candidates with exceptional attention to detail and who thrive with the challenge of a busy and varied work environment.
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and build on your existing experience, whilst enjoying the support of a close knit team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of commercial contracts and other transactional documents and assisting with those matters
- Managing (under supervision) Conveyancing files from initial instruction to completion; preparation of contracts and documents, collating forms and searches
- Assisting with intellectual property, commercial and retail leasing and other general commercial matters for SMEs and Not-for-Profit entities
- Client liaison
- Diary and calendar management
- General administration
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ years commercial and property/conveyancing experience
- A keen interest in commercial and property law matters
- Confidence to liaise with clients and professionals at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent file management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
We are ideally looking for a well presented self-starter who is passionate about providing high-quality client service and has a genuinely proactive attitude. This dynamic role will keep you busy and you will enjoy undertaking a variety of tasks with the appropriate level of autonomy dependant on experience.
We have a friendly and supportive work environment, collaborative culture and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you want to be a part of our energetic team culture and are client focused, do not miss this opportunity!
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org