- Melbourne-based role
- Newly created position
Carroll & O’Dea is a well-respected mid-tier law firm offering specialist legal services in litigation and dispute resolution, property, employment & industrial relations and personal injury law.
We have recently opened our Melbourne office and are currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to join our team. Supporting two lawyers you will have exposure to a range of personal injury matters. You will enjoy both variety and autonomy as you assume responsibility for ensuring their Practice runs smoothly.
Your duties will include:
- providing a high level of secretarial and administrative support
- opening and closing files
- client liaison
- diary and calendar management
- organising meetings and travel arrangements
- drafting correspondence and court documents
- preparing briefs to Counsel
- file and document management
- filing, scanning, photocopying and other ad-hoc office administration duties.
The successful candidate will have:
- outstanding organisational and communication skills
- the ability to provide high level secretarial and administrative assistance and manage competing deadlines
- substantial experience in a personal injury law firm
- excellent MS Office skills, sound attention to detail
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to deliver efficient and personal service of the highest professional standard at all times.
We have a great reputation, a friendly and supportive work environment and take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
To be successful you will be able to hit the ground running by offering good support to our team. Given our Melbourne office is still relatively new; it’s also an exciting opportunity for someone to be involved at an early stage of the office’s development and to be part of the continued evolution of the practice.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your cover letter and CV to Barbara Townsden at firstname.lastname@example.org