- Variety of staff benefits including new L&D program & flexible working arrangements!
- Friendly, energetic and supportive team culture!
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Wollongong, Newcastle & Melbourne. We offer specialist legal services in family, property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We value and strive for diversity in our practice and actively provide our staff with encouragement, opportunities and the resources they require to continuously challenge and ultimately advance their skills and career objectives.
We are seeking an experienced, confident and proactive lawyer with a minimum of three (3) years’ PAE to join our small dynamic personal injury law team, based in our Wollongong office.
This full-time role will have you working alongside a Senior Associate, and a close-knit team. Ideally, we are looking for candidates with relevant experience, who are passionate about personal injury law, are able to exercise autonomy and initiative and be accustomed to managing high volume workloads.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct liaison with clients and providing accurate and timely advice
- Preparing Court documents/orders and general correspondence
- Managing high volume files and matters with minimal supervision
- Attending court, dispute resolution and settlements
- Legal research
- Mentoring opportunities for junior staff
Successful candidates will have:
- A valid NSW Practising Certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years’ PAE in personal injury Law (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of complex personal injury matters and procedures (essential)
- The ability to maintain client confidentiality and handle matters with sensitivity
- Strong negotiation, mediation and advocacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship and business development skills
- The demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
In this role, you will enjoy extensive client exposure, and benefit from a vibrant, highly collaborative and friendly workplace culture, coupled with flexible work arrangements and a genuine work-life balance.
We have a great reputation, a friendly and supportive work environment and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our Firm values and culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.