- Friendly, energetic & supportive team culture!
- Variety of staff benefits offered including flexible work arrangements & Health/Wellbeing program
- Immediate start – full-time or part-time role on offer
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
We actively provide our staff with encouragement, opportunities and the resources they require to continuously challenge and improve their skills, and ultimately work towards achieving their career objectives.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and proactive Senior Legal Assistant or Paralegal to join our Personal Injury team. Supporting a Partner and working alongside a dynamic team, this role will involve a variety of legal administrative work within the plaintiff Personal Injury space.
This role is open to both full-time and part-time applicants and is suited to individuals looking to establish themselves as career paralegals and/or are looking to build their career within a strong and reputable Firm. Ideally, candidates will be highly experienced in complex PI matters relating to workers compensation and work injury damages (WID) to name a few, and who enjoy an independent, fast-paced work environment.
- Providing a high level of secretarial and administrative assistance: producing standard correspondence, photocopying, data entry, filing and collating
- Frequent client liaison and communication with external parties; Doctors, Insurers etc
- Extensive diary and calendar management
- Organising meetings and travel arrangements
- Assisting with preparation of correspondence and court documents
- File and document management; oversee and assist with opening and closing files
- General legal administrative support for the wider team as required
- Mentoring opportunities for junior staff
Successful candidates will have:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience within Personal Injury Law (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of complex Personal Injury matters and procedures, specifically workers compensation & WID (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multi-task with accuracy during busy times
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 and Outlook skills
- Excellent file management skills
- Confidence to liaise with clients and professionals at all levels
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to undertake tasks with a demonstrated high attention to detail
We are ideally looking for well-presented candidates who are passionate about providing high-quality client service and have a genuinely proactive attitude. In this role you will enjoy and benefit from a highly collaborative and friendly workplace culture.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. Alternatively, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.