- Sydney CBD office – close to public transport
- Friendly, energetic and supportive team culture
Carroll & O’Dea is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong, Newcastle and Melbourne. We offer specialist legal services in litigation and dispute resolution, property, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Legal Assistant / Paralegal to join our Personal Injury team based in our Sydney CBD office. Supporting a Senior Partner, this full-time role is suited to high-achieving candidates with exceptional attention to detail and extensive experience, who also enjoys the challenge of a busy and varied work environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high level of secretarial and administrative support
- Client liaison
- Diary and calendar management
- Organising meetings and travel arrangements
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Preparing briefs to Counsel
- File and document management
- Opening and closing files
- General ad-hoc office administration duties
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ Personal Injury experience
- Confidence to liaise with clients and professionals at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, spoken and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent file management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
We are ideally looking for a well presented self-starter who is passionate about providing high-quality client service and has a genuinely proactive attitude. This dynamic role will keep you busy and you will enjoy undertaking a range of secretarial-related tasks.
We have a friendly and supportive work environment, collaborative culture and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you want to be a part of our energetic team culture and are client focused, do not miss this opportunity!
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org