Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Sydney, Parramatta, Melbourne, Wollongong and Newcastle. We offer specialist legal services in property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution, employment & industrial relations and plaintiff personal injury law. Our clients include a broad cross-section of corporate, government, not for profit, SME and personal clients.
- Exciting new opportunity in a reputable mid-tier law firm
- Small dynamic team
We are seeking a highly capable, confident and motivated lawyer with up to three (3) years’ PAE to join our highly regarded personal injury team based in our Parramatta office. Ideally we are looking for candidates who are able to exercise autonomy and initiative and be accustomed to conducting a high volume of plaintiff personal injury files, including workers compensation, medical negligence, motor vehicle and public liability claims.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with clients
- Drafting correspondence and court documents
- Managing high volume files
- Attending court and settlements
- Legal research
Successful candidates will have:
- A current NSW Practising Certificate
- A minimum of one (1) years’ PAE in Personal Injury/Compensation Law
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship and business development skills
- A high attention to detail
- The demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
We are looking for someone who has the initiative and self-motivation to be able to learn ‘on the job’. You will be someone who is passionate about the law and has a real desire to learn and undertake research where necessary.
This dynamic role will keep you busy and you will enjoy being one step ahead. We have a great reputation, a friendly and supportive work environment and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our culture of providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Stephanie Almeida, HR Coordinator at email@example.com