- Friendly, energetic & collaborative team culture!
- Variety of staff benefits offered including flexible work arrangements & Health/Wellness program
- Immediate start – ongoing training, mentoring and support offered
Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is a mid-tier law firm with offices in Newcastle, Port Stephens, Sydney, Parramatta, Campbelltown, Wollongong, and Melbourne. We offer specialist legal services in plaintiff personal injury law, property, commercial, litigation and dispute resolution and employment & industrial relations.
We are seeking a senior lawyer with 2 to 4 years’ PAE, to join our Hunter personal Injury law team with the opportunity for further progression within our firm. Based in our Newcastle office, the practice will predominantly focus on Plaintiff PI matters, such as Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Accidents and Public Liability claims.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct liaison with clients and providing accurate and timely advice
- Preparing Court documents/orders and general correspondence
- Managing high volume files and matters
- Attending court, dispute resolution and settlements
- Legal research
Successful candidates will have:
- A valid NSW Practising Certificate (essential)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Lawyer in the areas of Personal Injury/Litigation Law (essential)
- A demonstrated understanding of personal injury matters and processes (essential)
- The ability to maintain client confidentiality and handle matters with sensitivity
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and advocacy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong client relationship and business development skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage competing deadlines
In this role, you will enjoy extensive client exposure, benefit from a highly collaborative workplace culture, coupled with flexible work arrangements.
We have a great reputation, a friendly and supportive work environment, and a team of talented staff. We take pride in our Firm values and providing clients with traditional personal service.
If you’re interested in this role and what we have to offer, please proceed with your application via SEEK. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Pearman, People & Development Coordinator, on 02 8226 7379.