Carroll & O'Dea Facebook

When it matters,
we can win you compensation.

Get Help Now

Our Compensation Resources

At Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers we take pride in providing our clients with expert legal advice. For your compensation claim it can be beneficial to have necessary resources available to you in one place.

Client information

Please click here to provide your details (name, address etc). The information will be sent to us by email.


Authority for release of records and information

Your lawyer may ask you to give permission to access records and information. To download a copy of this form please click here.

Information sheets

Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers makes available a number of information sheets on aspects of compensation claims.

Estate Planning Resources

Estate Planning allows you to have certain things in place when you die or are incapable of making your own decisions. You need to think about having one or more of the following in place:

  • a Will, which enables you to make the decisions about your estate
  • a Power of Attorney, which enables you to gain assistance in looking after your financial affairs if you are unable to do so.
  • an Appointment of Enduring Guardian, which ensures your wishes are upheld if you became incapable of making decisions.

If you would like more information please click here.

External Resources

Centrelink and compensation

Many Centrelink payments are affected by receipt of compensation. Repayments may be necessary and if you or your partner are receiving Centrelink payments a compensation claim could affect the amount you or your partner are entitled to receive. For further information visit the Centrelink website here.

Centrelink compensation estimator

The compensation estimator assists Centrelink customers to estimate the impact of a pending compensation claim. To access this service click here.

Health Care Complaints Commission

The Health Care Complaints Commission acts to protect public health and safety by dealing with complaints about health service providers in NSW. If you would like further information about how to make a complaint, click here.

Medicare authority

The Medicare Compensation Recovery Third party authority form gives permission for Medicare to release compensation information or to give permission to another person to sign relevant documents on your behalf. You can download a PDF of the form or for more information, click here.

National Disability Insurance Scheme compensation

The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is an independent statutory agency. Their role is to implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which will support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians with a significant and permanent disability and their families and carers. To find out how receiving a compensation payment may affect support from NDIS click here.

NSW Trustee & Guardian

The NSW Trustee & Guardian’s role is to act as an independent and impartial Executor, Administrator, Attorney and Trustee for the people of NSW. They aim to provide security and certainty in giving effect to individuals Wills and preferences in the planning and management of their estate. Click here to access their website.

Tax Office (ATO)

The Australian Tax Office can provide you with copies of your tax returns, payment summaries and notices of assessment that you may need to assist with your compensation case. Click here to access their website.

Need help? Contact us now.

We're here to help. For general enquiries email or call 1800 059 278.
For Business lawyers call +61 (02) 9291 7100.