James brings together a strong and broad practical knowledge base of both business and law to the Compensation team at Carroll and O’Dea Lawyers. This diverse skillset has allowed James to advise clients across a wide range of issues encompassing workers compensation; motor vehicle accidents, s151Z recovery claims, medical negligence and public liability in the compensation sphere; and on family provision actions, criminal matters and coronial inquests working outside the compensation sphere.
Possessing a passion for appearing in Court, James has appeared as an advocate in all of the main New South Wales courts including District Court of New South Wales, Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Supreme Court of New South Wales – Court of Appeal.
Outside of the law, James is an avid sportsman having competed at national level in Giant Slalom and Boardercross Snowboarding, played Schoolboy First XV and Suburban Rugby Union, and trained in the martial arts of Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. James brings the same discipline, dedication and focus, used in his sporting endeavours, to his legal work at Carroll & O’Dea.
As a firm, Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers is focused on achieving the best possible outcomes for their clients and I am committed to working towards that common goal. Personally, I strive to make the sometimes daunting legal process one that is as seamless and easy to understand for our clients as possible.
Key Professional Achievements
- Prior to joining Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2015 as a law clerk, James graduated with a Bachelor of Business from UTS and worked for years in Research and Marketing.
- Awarded a Juris Doctor from the University of Technology, Sydney in March 2017.
- Was part of the University of Technology team in the 2017 Administrative Appeal Tribunal Moot, reaching the Quarter Finals.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in April 2017.
- James joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2015 as a law clerk and became a solicitor in July 2017.