A leading negotiator and litigator, Joshua represents both Plaintiff and Defendant clients across all areas of personal injury, Royal Commission, and estate litigation matters. Joshua approaches all his clients with compassion and respect, as well as achieving exceptional compensation and commercial outcomes.
Joshua’s work for both Plaintiff’s and Defendant’s places him in a unique position to advise his clients about what to expect throughout all steps of their claim.
With a keen interest in international law, he has also successfully recovered significant compensation for a paraplegic client who was injured on a cruise ship in a foreign jurisdiction. He is currently involved in litigation on behalf of victims of the New Zealand White Island volcano eruption.
Joshua continues to be involved in complex workers compensation, motor accident, civil liability, medical negligence, Superannuation/ total and permanent disability, and income protection claims obtaining significant compensation outcomes for his clients. Joshua is also involved in work with Royal Commissions and claims involving historical abuse that features as a significant part of his practice.
In addition to managing a busy practice Joshua finds significant rewards in his role as NSW President of the Australian Lawyers Alliance. Joshua was called to give evidence to the NSW Parliament concerning amendments to racial vilification laws and is the Australian Lawyers Alliance representative on the stakeholder reference group to the Personal Injury Commission since its inception in March 2021. His current law reform focus at present in his role as President is directed towards the NSW dangerous recreational activity provisions in the Civil Liability Act, the Personal Injury Commission and its interplay with the Motor Accident and Workers Compensation schemes.
Joshua’s extensive experience and passion for the law has seen him awarded several industry awards in recognition of his commitment to obtaining outcomes for his clients.
“I believe all clients have a right to have their story heard and told and to ensure their rights are strongly defended to ensure they receive the best result possible.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Joshua is the NSW President at the Australian Lawyers Alliance having previously held the role of NSW Branch Secretary. He was also recognised as Member of the year during the State Conference 2022 for his exceptional contribution to the core work of the Australian Lawyers Alliance.
- He was a finalist in Lawyers Weekly’s 30 under 30 awards in 2014.
- Joshua was awarded the by the Australian Lawyers Alliance in 2013.
- Joshua holds a Bachelor of Communication Studies majoring in Journalism, Bachelor of Laws, and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Joshua is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law by the NSW Law Society since 2016.