Kristie is a specialist lawyer and a key member of the family law team of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers. Kristie has qualifications in business, as well as law, enabling her to bring a commercial, no nonsense approach to resolving family law disputes.
Initially being admitted into the Supreme Court of Western Australia, Kristie gained expertise in litigation and complex financial disputes before being admitted into the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2014. She has continued to work in complex financial disputes, utilised alternative dispute resolution and worked tirelessly to deliver outcomes that are in the best interests of the children in parenting matters.
Kristie has worked as a Legal Advisor for the Attorney Generals Family Relationship Advice Line and provided assistance to the Peel Community Legal Centre.
She understands that hard work and compassion, along with transparency and communication is the key to developing a positive working relationship with clients that delivers an outcome.
“I aim to work collaboratively with my clients to find a solution that is best for the client and also their family”.
Key Professional Achievements
- Kristie completed a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England in 2011.
- Kristie was awarded a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law in 2011.
- Kristie has experience in multiple jurisdictions having first admitted into the Supreme Court of Western Australian in 2011, the High Court of Australia in 2011 and the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2014.
- In 2018, Kristie studied and worked as an Assistant in Nursing in the United Kingdom, gaining valuable skills in being able to respond to challenging behaviour.
- Kristie is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales, the Law Society of Newcastle and the Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association.