Tim Concannon is one of Australia’s leading experts in personal injury law. Tim is an accredited Law Society of New South Sales specialist in Personal Injury Law, and he is a much sought after presenter to others within the legal profession. His detailed technical knowledge of personal injury law is coupled with his capacity to develop an easy rapport with both clients and fellow legal practitioners alike.
Joining Carroll & O’Dea in 1994, Tim has had a long-term and significant interest in the underappreciated plight of people suffering from a traumatic brain injury. He was a board member of the Brain Injury Association of NSW and, in this capacity, sought to promote public awareness of the impact of brain injury both on the individual and on friends and family.
Tim has been a Claims Assessment & Resolution Service (CARS) Assessor since 2004. Tim has also been a member of the Injury Compensation Committee of the Law Society since 2008 and has played a leading role in drafting submissions to government agencies relevant to areas of personal injury law. On behalf of the Society he devotes a great deal of time to consultation sessions with these same government agencies. He has also appeared on behalf of the Law Society at a number of government inquiries into the functioning of the workers compensation and motor accident injury schemes.
“My work as a personal injury lawyer is inspired by the desire to make a small difference to the lives of those people who have been horribly affected by the impact of an injury. The greatest joy in my professional life is to receive an appreciative comment from an injured client, whose sense of worth and autonomy has been improved by a positive outcome.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Admitted to practice in 1989, Tim Concannon had four years’ experience with a large country law firm in the areas of litigation and dispute resolution.
- Tim has a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from Macquarie University. He is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Tim joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 1994 and became a partner in 2001.
- CARS Assessor from 2003 to February 2021.
- Member of the Law Society’s Injury Compensation Committee since 2008.
- Tim was appointed as Deputy Chair of the Injury Compensation Committee of The Law Society of New South Wales in January 2020.
- Tim was appointed as Chair of the Injury Compensation Committee of the Law Society in January 2021.
- Listed in the 2020 Doyle’s Guide as a ‘Preeminent’ practitioner in the areas of Leading Work Injury Compensation Lawyers (Plaintiff) NSW, Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers (Plaintiff) NSW, Leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyers (Plaintiff) NSW in 2020.
Meet Chester. He loved riding his bike.