Thomas Ryan is a solicitor at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers’ Parramatta office. Working as a Law Clerk from 2019, he directly assisted injured workers in protecting their workers compensation rights and entitlements. Thomas applied his workers compensation expertise on amending legal precedent in the New South Wales Supreme Court of Appeal for the benefit of NSW workers.
Thomas first worked as a solicitor representing defendant scheme agents for the Workers Compensation Nominal Insurer. Armed with this alternative perspective, Thomas returned to Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2022 as a solicitor representing clients in relation to Workplace Injuries & Accidents and Public Liability.
“Having worked for both teams, plaintiff and defendant, I know how best to achieve a good outcome for my clients”.
Key Professional Achievements
- Thomas first joined Carroll & O’Dea in 2019 as a Law Clerk and re-joined as a solicitor in early 2022.
- Before commencing his career as a solicitor at Carroll and O’Dea, he obtained experience acting for workers compensation insurance companies.
- He holds a Bachelor of Psychology and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Macquarie University, making the Macquarie University Merit List for outstanding achievement.
- Thomas completed a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law.
- In 2020, he was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Thomas is an IRO Approved Lawyer, assisting injured workers under the ILARS Scheme.