Alex is an invaluable member of the Leasing Team at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers. Alex has a wealth of experience in transactions and the integration of technology which ensures a fast, efficient, and accurate handling of matters across many jurisdictions.
He takes advantage of his technical background in law and technology to assist the Leasing Team in producing systems and workflows to produce efficient and accurate solutions for his clients. Alex’s experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) allows him to achieve unique solutions for matters involving land and property.
In addition, Alex has experience in Commissions of Enquiry (including Royal Commissions), litigation and dispute resolution. He has assisted numerous institutions of various size manage their involvement in the National Redress Scheme. He is also very interested in privacy law and how businesses can best manage their data and protect their client’s information.
“I’m a strong advocate for the ways in which technology can be meaningfully integrated into the work that I do. This must go beyond simply having the technology – it is important to understand it and apply it so you can get the best result for the client.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Alex completed a Bachelor of Laws at the University of Technology, Sydney in 2015.
- Alex has completed a Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours at the University of Sydney, majoring in Geography and Geology/Geophysics.
- During his legal studies, Alex was awarded the 2013 Bar Association Award for the best performing student in Equity & Trusts and the 2014 Blackstone Waterhouse Lawyers Award for the best performing student in Environmental Law.
- Alex has previously worked as a Solicitor within an Environmental and Planning Law practice and a Paralegal Team Leader for a Sydney law firm in their Legal Technology Solutions group.
- Prior to working in law, Alex was a Geographic Information Systems Analyst for Sensis Location and Navigation and a Research Assistant in the School of Geosciences for the University of Sydney.
- Alex was made Senior Associate at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2022.