With over 30 years of extensive litigation experience, Bill Madden is one of Australia’s most qualified medical negligence lawyers. He is recognised by the NSW Law Society as an accredited specialist in personal injury law. He is also accredited as a mediator under the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) and is a member of the Law Society Mediator’s Panel.
Highly regarded by his peers, Bill’s areas of speciality include claims for birth trauma including cerebral palsy, stroke, brain injury and haemorrhage, delayed cancer diagnosis and wrongful birth.
“Helping people navigate through the legal system and achieve the compensation they deserve is the most meaningful part of my work”.
Mediation and Facilitation
Bill Madden is accredited as a mediator by the Law Society of New South Wales, under the National Mediator Accreditation System. He has been appointed to the Law Society’s panel of mediators. He is willing to act as a mediator in compensation claims involving medical advice and treatment, abuse, and general personal injury / civil liability claims where all parties are represented by lawyers. Other matters may be considered on request, including facilitation of expert evidence conclaves.
For booking enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sabrina Ziems on 02 9291 7123.
Mediation agreement: A standard form mediation agreement is available for download here.
Resources: Information about the Australian mediator standards is available from the Mediator Standards Board, which is also responsible for the implementation of the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS): https://msb.org.au/
Key Professional Achievements
- Bill holds a Bachelor of Law (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from Macquarie University.
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 1981 and became a NSW Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law in 1993.
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law.
- Public Notary and fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries.
- Bill is the co-author of three books: The National Disability Scheme Handbook, Australian Medical Liability 3rd Editionand Health Care & the Law 6th edition.
- Editorial board member for Australian Civil Liability and Australian Health Law Bulletin, Lexis Nexis Butterworths. He is also a member of the international editorial board of the QUT Law Review.
- Adjunct Professor with the Australian Centre for Health Law Research, Queensland University of Technology and a senior fellow with the Melbourne Law Masters program at the University of Melbourne. Bill is also an adjunct fellow with the School of Law and of the School of Medicine at Western Sydney University and has recently been appointed as an adjunct fellow with the School of Medicine at that same university.
- Bill is listed in the Doyle’s Guide to the Australian legal Profession as a leading Plaintiff Medical Negligence Lawyer and was recently re-appointed as a member of the Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee.