Based in our Sydney office, Bill also travels to our Melbourne office. He can assist clients in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
With over 30 years of extensive civil liability litigation experience, Bill Madden is well known across Australia for his work in medical negligence and institutional abuse law. He is a co-author in those areas (see below) and also teaches in those aspects of the law at universities.
“Helping people navigate through the legal system and achieve the compensation they deserve is the most meaningful part of my work”.
Mediation and Facilitation
Bill obtained accreditation as a mediator under the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) and is available to act as a mediator in civil litigation claims generally, where all parties are represented by lawyers.
Other matters may be considered on request, including facilitation of expert evidence conclaves. For booking enquiries please email email@example.com or call Sabrina Ziems on 02 9291 7123.
Key Professional Achievements
- Bachelor of Law (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from Macquarie University. He was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 1981 and became a NSW Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law in 1993.
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law.
- Affiliate member of the Australasian College of Legal Medicine.
- Co-author of four books: Institutional abuse of children: Legal remedies and redress in Australia, The National Disability Scheme Handbook, Australian Medical Liability 4th Edition and Health Care & the Law 6th edition.
- Editorial board member for Australian Civil Liability and Australian Health Law Bulletin, Lexis Nexis Butterworths.
- Adjunct member of the international editorial board of the QUT Law Review.
- Adjunct Professor with the Australian Centre for Health Law Research, Queensland University of Technology
- Senior fellow with the Melbourne Law Masters program at the University of Melbourne.
- Adjunct fellow with the School of Law and of the School of Medicine at Western Sydney University.
- Bill is listed in the 2020 and 2021 Doyle’s Guide as a ‘Preeminent’ practitioner in the area of Leading Medical Negligence Compensation Lawyers (Plaintiff) NSW.