Based in our Melbourne Office which opened in November 2016, Charles works primarily in litigation and dispute resolution. Charles has represented both plaintiffs and defendants and has experience in managing large-scale litigation including large-scale discovery and using ‘big-data’ to shape a holistic approach to case management. Charles has also appeared in a number of criminal law matters.
Between 2014 and 2016 Charles was initially seconded and then employed by one of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers’ major clients, this experience deepening his litigation practice and entailing frequent involvement in a Royal Commission and other Inquiries.
“Having worked both as a solicitor and going in-house for one of the firm’s clients, I have a unique insight into understanding the commercial and practical needs of clients – primarily, cutting through the ‘noise’ to achieve successful and cost effective outcomes.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Charles joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2010.
- Charles graduated from the University of Technology Sydney with a Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) and a Bachelor of Laws.
- In 2012, Charles spent six months studying law at the City University of Hong Kong.
- Charles is admitted to practice in both Victoria and New South Wales.
- Charles is currently a member of the Legal Institute of Victoria.