Based in our Melbourne Office which opened in 2017, Charles works primarily in litigation and dispute resolution. Charles represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of personal injury litigation including institutional abuse, workers compensation, Comcare, public liability, medical negligence and TPD claims.
Between 2014 and 2016 Charles was initially seconded and then employed by one of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers’ major clients, this experience deepening his litigation practice and entailing frequent involvement in a Royal Commission and other like Inquiries.
“Having worked both as a solicitor and going in-house for one of the firm’s clients, I have a unique insight into understanding the commercial and practical needs of clients – primarily, cutting through the ‘noise’ to achieve successful and cost effective outcomes.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Charles joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2010.
- He graduated from the University of Technology Sydney with a Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) and a Bachelor of Laws.
- In 2012, Charles spent six months studying law at the City University of Hong Kong.
- Charles is admitted to practice in both Victoria and New South Wales.
- He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Australian Lawyers Alliance.
- In 2021, Charles completed a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne.
- Charles was made Special Counsel at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2022.