Based in our Melbourne Office which opened in November 2016, Charles works primarily in litigation and dispute resolution. Charles represents both plaintiffs in a wide range of personal injury litigation including Workers Compensation, Comcare, Public Liability and TPD claims as well as defendants and has experience in managing large-scale litigation including large-scale discovery and using ‘big-data’ to shape a holistic approach to case management. Charles also has an interest in defamation and media law.
Between 2014 and 2016 Charles was initially seconded and then employed by one of Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers’ major clients, this experience deepening his litigation practice and entailing frequent involvement in a Royal Commission and other Inquiries.
“Having worked both as a solicitor and going in-house for one of the firm’s clients, I have a unique insight into understanding the commercial and practical needs of clients – primarily, cutting through the ‘noise’ to achieve successful and cost effective outcomes.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Charles joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2010.
- He graduated from the University of Technology Sydney with a Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) and a Bachelor of Laws.
- In 2012, Charles spent six months studying law at the City University of Hong Kong.
- Charles is admitted to practice in both Victoria and New South Wales.
- He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Australian Lawyers Alliance.
- In 2021, Charles completed a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne.