With business qualifications and commercial experience, Dianne has the expertise to provide clients with a range of services including setting up or restructuring companies buying and selling businesses and buying and selling property, both residential and commercial.
Dianne holds a Commerce Degree and before joining Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers, she worked for a major Australian bank for a number of years in the dispute resolution group.
Dianne assists clients to establish companies, trusts (fixed, discretionary and super funds).
Estate Planning is also in Dianne’s portfolio, including advising on, establishing and managing the full range of trusts. She assists clients with self-managed superannuation matters. She advises clients on asset protection, preparing wills, power of attorney and guardianship.
Diane has extensive experience in preparing commercial and retail leases and advising clients upon entering into the lease of retail and commercial agreements.
“Business clients need someone they can trust; someone who will explain the things that really matters and someone who will provide practical and commercially sound advice.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Dianne joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2007, she was appointed to Senior Associate in 2021.
- Dianne holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Law Degree from the University of South Africa.
- She was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2001.
- Dianne was awarded a Masters Degree in Taxation from the University of New South Wales in 2008 and was admitted as a Chartered Tax Adviser to the Tax Institute of Australia in 2012.
- Since 2008, she has been a member of the Tax Institute.
- Dianne was announced winner of the Law Society’s 2020 Graduate Mentor of the Year Award.