Over 30 years Patricia has built a reputation for being an effective commercial and property lawyer. With combined degrees in accounting, finance and law, she has helped build Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers’ business practice since she joined the firm in 2004.
Patricia advises a diverse range of clients, including major corporations, small to medium sized enterprises, property developers, landlords, not-for-profit organisations and schools.
Patricia helps her clients with their overall business asset restructures, as well as business asset acquisitions and sales. She has been involved in all stages of transactions, including contract drafting and negotiation and due diligence reporting.
She has extensive experience in managing intellectual property issues arising during acquisitions and sales of businesses, amalgamations, restructures, collaborations and joint ventures.
Patricia’s experience includes advising on property development and transfers and leasing, both retail and commercial. She practices in the area of trusts law, estate planning and probate administration.
Patricia also specialises in the commercialisation and protection of intellectual property: namely trade marks, copyright, designs, confidential information and trade secrets.
“We get to know our clients from the moment we walk in their door. We get to know them, their goals, and their strategies. We work as part of their team to help achieve their goals when it matters.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Patricia has a combined degree in Commerce (accounting and finance) and Law (UNSW) and was admitted to the profession in 1990.
- In 2019, Patricia became a Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- She joined Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers in 2004, was made an Associate in 2008 and a Partner in 2011.
- Patricia is a member of the Intellectual Property Association of Australia and New Zealand Inc.
- Patricia is the Chair of the internal Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers Risk, Quality and Continuous Improvement Committee.