Michael’s depth of experience, ability to get to the heart of an issue and communication skills put him at the top of employment & industrial law and personal injury law.
Michael is recognised in the profession as a leading practitioner in these practice areas and is accredited by the NSW Law Society in employment & industrial law and personal injury.
He has served on a variety of committees of the Law Society, including as part of the peer review process by which solicitors become accredited specialists in employment and industrial Law.
He has been a partner at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers since 2013 where he has a busy practice handling matters from a diversity of clients from all areas of New South Wales.
“Working side-by-side with clients, resolving problems and getting good results is what it’s all about – at Carroll & O’Dea Lawyers we have an unparalleled team of experienced practitioners who go above and beyond for their clients when it matters.”
Key Professional Achievements
- Michael completed a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws in 1975 and 1977 (respectively) from the University of Sydney.
- Michael was admitted to practice in NSW in 1978
- He completed a Masters of Laws at Sydney University while working in legal practice.
- Listed in the 2023 Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as a ‘Recommended’ practitioner in the area of employment (Employee & Trade Union Representation) – NSW.
- Listed in the 2020, 2021 and 2022 Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as a ‘Leading’ practitioner in the area of employment (Employee & Trade Union Representation) – NSW.
- Listed in the Doyle’s Guide as ‘Recommended’ practitioner in the area of employment (Employee & Trade Union Representation) – Australia, 2020, 2023 and in the area of Work Injury Compensation – NSW, 2018.
- Michael is an Accredited Specialist in both Personal Injury and Employment Law by the NSW Law Society.