Review of Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission legislation
A review panel composed of Mr Patrick McClure AO (chair), Mr Greg Hammond OAM, Ms Su McCluskey, and Dr Matthew Turnour has been appointed by the Federal Government to conduct the statutorily imposed 5 year review of the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC) legislation (“the Review”).
Under the terms of reference the review panel must:
- Examine the extent to which the objects of the ACNC Acts continue to be relevant;
- Assess the effectiveness of the provisions and the regulatory framework established by the ACNC Acts to achieve the objects;
- Consider whether the powers and the functions of the ACNC Commissioner are sufficient to enable these objects to be met;
- Consider whether any amendments to the ACNC Acts are required to enable the achievement of the objects and to equip the ACNC Commissioner to respond to both known and emerging issues; and
- Provide a report to Government by 31 May 2018.
The full terms of reference may be downloaded here: https://consult.treasury.gov.au/people-and-communications-division/acnc-legislation-review/consultation/download
Written submissions in response to the terms of reference may be submitted until 28 February 2018 by email to ACNCReview@treasury.gov.au, or by post.